Sunday, January 27, 2013

Springtime Teaser


Today we enjoyed a rare 60+ degree January day, so of course we had to spend some time outside. Gray played in the sandbox and practiced writing letters in sidewalk chalk, while daddy grilled some steaks. 

Meanwhile, I slaved away in the kitchen trying out a few new Pinterest recipes. We had balsamic glazed brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes to go along with our steaks, and both turned out pretty well. I've never made brussels sprouts before, but have enjoyed them other places. Hope my parents are sitting down when they read this because there's no way I would have eaten them growing up. 

Anyway, it was a great way to end a relaxing weekend and left me optimistic that spring is right around the corner. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But...none of your famous chocolate chip cookies???? unowho

Anonymous said...

I don't even eat those!! What have you done with my daughter!

Anonymous said...

So glad we were sitting down! You never cease to amaze me!
L, Pappa