Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Take your nephews to work day

Yesterday we took Gray and Holt to visit Uncle Levi at the fire station. Of course, they had to go dressed in their fireman coats and hats to show their street cred with the real firemen.

The guys were very accommodating to two energetic boys running around checking the place out. We got a tour of the station and spent time exploring every vehicle in their garage. They even called in a test alarm so we could see what happens when they get a call.

Here's the crew plus a few junior recruits. 

Checking out the inside of the ladder truck.

Here's the huge wall map that helps them find where their going before a call. 

To our surprise, we even got to ride around the block in one of the firetrucks. I think Michael and I were just as excited as the little boys. 

This is a vintage fire truck that Uncle Levi has been restoring between fighting fires. The boys loved "driving" it as much as checking out the modern-day trucks.

Holten taking a turn behind the wheel.

Holten trying on Uncle Levi's gear.

Gray in Uncle Levi's gear. That coat alone probably weighs more than Grayson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures! I think I will make a collage of them for my wall. Next time, wait for me!! HaHa! Gotta love those firemen.