Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Growing Up

I've been a little sentimental lately about Grayson and how he amazes us daily with signs that he's getting older. Maybe it's because we've been around so many babies lately, but it makes the contrast even more dramatic. 

I really love this phase we're in at the moment and wish we could stay like this forever. He's somewhat self-sufficient, yet still loves to cuddle, hold my hand and asks for help when needed.

In addition to the fact that he's growing like a weed, he's maturing in other ways too. He's informed us that he no longer wants to take baths and insists on showers instead (which makes me thankful for our adjustable shower sprayer since otherwise I'd get soaked trying to assist him from outside the shower stall). 

He also informed Michael this week that he no longer wants daddy to wake him up in the mornings. Instead, he wants to set his Yoda alarm clock and have that wake him up. Michael lovingly obliged, but Gray is 2 for 2 in sleeping right through the alarm this week (a trait he gets from his father), so I think he may still need daddy as a back-up for a bit. 

The other day we were getting ready to swim and I had Gray's swimsuit and shirt ready to put on. He took them from me and went behind something to change. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I need to change back here so you can't see my privates." He's starting to want privacy, yet who do you think he calls for when he needs assistance on the potty? Funny how that works. 

Yes, our little boy is growing up. I better get some kisses and snuggles in while I can!

No comments: