Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Big Kid for the Day

Grayson spent the entire day in the toddler room at school. He ate at a table instead of a highchair, took one nap instead of two and slept on a cot instead of in a crib. A lot of changes for one day!

Luckily, he handled all of them well. He loved playing with all the kids and new toys, and surprisingly went to sleep about two minutes after hitting the cot for naptime. I cannot believe they actually got him to stay on a cot, but I think it helped that he was tired from not having a morning nap.

He did take a catnap during the car ride home, so I think he was worn out from trying to hang with the big kids.

He loved the new room so much that instead of running to me when I came to pick him up, he walked over and said hi, then returned to the block shelf. I began walking toward the door thinking that would prompt him to follow, but instead he just waved and said, "bye, bye." He would have been content playing there all night.

Guess it's not cool to be clingy with mom when your big kid friends are watching. I'll try to remember that in the future.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

What a good boy! I love that he called your bluff at the end of the day. What a sneaky little guy.

Keenan said...

Luke has been in the toddler room for a couple of weeks now and it is so different isn't it?! The cots just boggle my mind. Can you imagine putting him down to nap like that at home...yeah right! Glad he is adjusting well!