Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bite Me

There have been some new developments with Grayson's biting phase. I don't want to jinx anything, but I think we may have made some progress over the last day or so.

Yesterday he bit one of his teachers and he bit me for the first time last night while we were playing. I took my mother-in-law's advice and immediately bit his pinky fingernail back (apparently this technique worked on Michael as a child, so we see where the biting genes originate...but I digress). My bite wasn't very hard, but definitely got his attention.

After the look of betrayal and the crocodile tears, he got this far-away look and began tapping his teeth like he was putting two and two together. I think he was actually figuring out that his teeth can be linked to pain.

I was anxious to see how long the biting ceased, and it turns out he had a bite-free day at school today. Maybe he learned a lesson, or maybe it was a coincidence. It's still too soon to tell for sure, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: