Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surely not my kid

Over the last few days Grayson has refused to take his afternoon nap. I'd be fine with him moving to one nap a day but he is so cranky and fussy in the evening, I know he still needs more sleep.

On top of that, when we went to pick Gray up today one of his teachers said, Well, he refused to take his afternoon nap, but the good news is he didn't bite anyone today.

To which I replied, What?! My kid is the class biter?!

This was the first we'd heard about Grayson biting other kids. Since he's still in the nursery room, he's the biggest kid in class and preys on innocent immobile babies doing tummy time. Apparently he takes their hands and sticks them in his mouth. Chomp!

Needless to say, it must have happened multiple times for him to get a reputation as a biter. I can't believe we're just now hearing about this.

Maybe this will motivate the center director to move him up to the one-year-old class. So far, we've been waiting on a spot to open up, but I hope the transition happens before Grayson's bully ways are solidified. I have a feeling he'll get knocked around and put in his place in the next room since he'll be the small kid.

As much as I don't want him to be the bully, I don't particularly want him to get bullied either. This parenting stuff is really tricky...

3 comments:

soonersdad said...

You know he likes to chew on his thumb. Maybe he was just tasting their fingers to see if they are as good as his and got a little carried away. I find it hard to believe that my sweet little Grayson would become a biter and bully.

Anonymous said...

Grayson, the class bully? Must take after his mom for all those years long ago when she would bully her Unk Sam and then hide behind her grandma smirking at him!! What goes around comes around....payback is you know what! LOL

Whitney said...

Awww, I can't believe Grayson is biting the babies! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body, maybe he is giving out love bites? :)