Thursday, September 15, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

All week I've been writing new blog posts in my head, but as you can see have yet to take a moment to write them down. Part of the issue is the photos I want to post were downloaded to a computer I never use for blogging, where they've sat (and sat and sat).

I have lots of stories to share, including Grayson's first trip to our local natural history museum, some cycling/park fun, plus a visit to another science museum we have scheduled for the weekend. So much to share, so little time!

On top of all the fun I have to tell you about, I resigned from my job yesterday. Yikes! I know, right? Luckily, I have another one lined up and despite having to part ways with some amazing co-workers, I know it's the right decision in the grand scheme of things. That said, my mental energy has been consumed by the transition.

Since I've teased you with so many stories but have yet to deliver, I'll close with a quick one. Grayson and I went on a long walk last night to enjoy the gorgeous evening and we popped in on our friends a few streets over. He got to meet baby Claire for the first time and when we returned home I asked him what he thought about his new friend...

Me: Did you have fun meeting baby Claire?

Gray: Yes, I did. She had an umbulamps [aka ambulance] cord on her belly button. 

Me: Yes, she had an um-bil-i-cal cord on her belly button. You had that on your belly button too when you were a baby.

Gray: I am not a baby. I'm a big boy.

Me: You are a big boy, and someday Claire will be bigger like you. Will you share your toys with Claire and be friends?

Gray: No, we will play and be family. 

1 comment:

katie said...

oh my...that is so sweet.