Sunday, July 27, 2008

Showered With Love

The weekend may have started out a bit rough due to sleep deprivation and a runny nose, but it definitely ended on a high note. This was all thanks to my wonderful girlfriends Courtney, Michelle & Gina who threw me a baby shower this afternoon. 

I didn't realize until I got home that I neglected to take a single picture with my own camera, so hopefully they can pass along some pics of the fun games and adorable handmade polka-dot cake. Their husbands also pitched in creating a well-engineered, three-tiered diaper cake that is so cute I don't want to tear it apart. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the guys were putting it together. Let's just say, I wasn't too surprised to hear that the process included a few beers and putting a newborn diaper on Rob & Courtney's dog Chaco (a Catahoula who isn't exactly newborn size).

After returning home, my mom and I were putting things away in the nursery and I realized we have pretty much everything we need for when the baby comes. There are still a couple of small things we need that can be purchased with our gift cards, but it's an amazing feeling to know how thoughtful and generous our friends and family are in supporting us. 

They say it takes a village to raise a child and I am confident our son and ourselves as parents will have no shortage of love and support throughout this journey. 

No comments: