Monday, July 14, 2008

Sometimes You Just Need Your Mom

Thanks to my mom I can now step foot in the nursery without having a mental breakdown. Since we returned home from Houston and unloaded our shower gifts, I haven't been able to walk past the nursery room door without having pangs of anxiety.

Here's a brief snippet of the gazillion thoughts that ran through my head: What if the baby comes early? Our crib mattress still has plastic wrap on it! But if I wash the sheets and set up the bed now and he comes on time, everything will be dusty come September. Should I go ahead and set it up, then rewash everything if I need to.....and on and on and on.

Yes, I realize I've lost it. But luckily my mom came over Sunday and helped me regain a little bit of sanity. We unpacked all the gift bags and sorted everything, washed loads of adorable miniature clothes, and began organizing the room.

There are still plenty of finishing touches to be done, but at least the room could function as an acceptable nursery should the baby come early. What is it about moms that make them know just what you need right when you need it?

No comments: