Friday, January 2, 2009

Four Month Check Up

We just returned home from the pediatrician's office. It wasn't as traumatic as last time because I was prepared with a bottle and Tylenol to deal with the vaccinations. He received the second round of the same immunizations so it was one by mouth and three shots in the thighs. 

On a happier note, Grayson weighed in at 13 lbs. 11.2 oz. and 25 1/4 inches in length. He's growing so quickly that I can hardly keep his dresser drawer stocked with clothes that fit. He's also about to outgrow his Level 1 diapers which are for 8-14 lbs. They seemed so big just a little while ago. 

We're also going to start him on rice cereal today. I'll post about that later if there's anything exciting that comes of it. Even though this is a first, bland step to beginning solids, I'm a little anxious about it since Michael suffers from a food allergy to poultry. We won't be starting pureed meats for another several  months, but it still makes me nervous thinking about giving our baby something that will result in an ER visit. 

I talked through all of this with our doctor which made me feel better. In the end it's all trial and error so I guess we just have to be mindful and move forward.

That's the latest from here. My little man is starting to stir from his nap so I should probably sign off for now. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: