Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Random Updates

I just realized it's almost been a week since my last post. I feel like yesterday we were celebrating Christmas, yet January is nearly over!

I don't really have any big updates for Grayson this week. Nana and Popper (Michael's parents) came up from Houston last weekend and we enjoyed catching up with them. Michael and I took advantage of having babysitters to go on a date night on Saturday.

Grayson's been having a good week at school and at home. I think he may be going through a growth spurt because he's been eating more, taking really long naps and sleeping longer at night. Yesterday we had to wake him up at 7:30 a.m. to eat and get ready for school. I couldn't believe he wasn't up already.

We're (finally) back to our normal sleeping arrangements, now that the swaddle blanket saga is over. Grayson is sleeping in his crib and is unswaddled so he can move all around. He seems to be enjoying the freedom, and tends to kick around until he's positioned perpendicular to how I lay him down. Oh well, soon enough he'll be too long to fit that way so he'll have to adapt.

He's getting close to outgrowing our countertop bath tub which used to seem so big. We have a cute inflatable rubber ducky bathtub that sits inside the real tub, but I've been putting off using it since our tub is so deep and Roxy thinks that's her domain. She comes running every time we turn on the faucet and can even leap over the big side of the tub to get in if you don't catch her. This will be yet another one of her favorite places "invaded" by the baby.

That's the latest from our world. Hope you're all having a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not too surprised he's starting to sleep later. I think he has this in common with some of his family members! Lovw you guys, Pappa

Anonymous said...

I know it was a long time ago, but... we tried one of those tubs in a tub, and it was a pain.

But someone got us this little thing that was great. It's basically a little frame for a ramp made of metal. It's got a mesh "net" that makes the surface of the ramp. Kid rests comfortably, can't get away too easily and very easy to use.

~adam

Lindsay said...

I know what you're talking about. They still sell those so we'll have to check it out. I think Mesh Ramp Thingamajig is the brand name :)