Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow Day!

There's nothing better than a snow day...especially one where your power stays on. Michael and I both got off work around 1 p.m. today due to freezing rain and an impending ice storm, so we are now enjoying some family time huddled up in our house. 

All signs point to a snow day tomorrow as well, and we're having fun taking care of projects around the house that we never seem to have time to complete. 

I got myself psyched up to tackle taking down the wallpaper in our guest bathroom. Surprisingly, it took me all of about 30 minutes to get it all done. It was the easiest wallpaper removal job in my life. If we'd known it would have come off so easily, we would have done this a long time ago. 

Once Michael putties up the holes, I'll start painting. This project is going so quickly, we don't even have new fixtures picked out yet. I figured it would take me a few days to even get this far. 

Well, our little man is stirring from his nap so I better go check things out. I'll try to post some new bathroom pics once we have paint on the walls. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What! No more pale yellow with abstract flowered type designs? Too cool! What color are you going with? I'm excited that it's moving along so quickly, too. Maybe it will be done by next week when I visit. Love, Pappa