Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Night in the Big Town

I think we're getting old. During our commute home from work this evening, Michael and I enjoyed an amazingly beautiful Oklahoma sunset while having a discussion about how nice it is to drive home knowing we have no weekend plans.

We were in our pajama pants by about 6:30 p.m. and our excitement for the evening consisted of introducing Grayson to a new food, some tummy time with the baby, and watching a Netflix DVD once our son went to bed. (The sad part was, we didn't even watch a popular movie. It was a sustainability documentary about how a dozen or so Portland-based companies incorporated the "natural step" process. I felt like I was back in my high school environmental science class.)

For the baby's "dinner," I steamed and pureed some zucchini for Grayson's first taste of real food. After making some questionable faces during the first few bites, he quickly decided it was way better than rice cereal and ate up the whole bowl.

Daddy was nearby to capture the moment.

I think he would have licked the bowl if he knew how.

I have to sign off now so I can go get in bed and start my book club book. It really takes so little to make me happy these days.

No comments: