Sunday, June 27, 2010

(Grand)mothers know best

Last night my Mom and Stepdad kept Grayson for the night. I didn't realize how much we could use a break until she made the offer. Guess she could tell it was needed which makes me even more thankful.

Michael and I were able to attend the wedding of a family friend sans-kiddo and enjoyed taking our time catching up with old friends. We ended up having to leave the reception a bit early because Gray decided to randomly throw up at my mom's.

We drove to her house and found him sleepy and slightly feverish, but by the time we were going to load him up to go home he was running around like his usual self, playing and laughing. She bravely decided to keep him anyway and luckily it was an isolated incident, so they were able to enjoy the rest of his stay.

Michael and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out with friends and we actually managed to sleep in until 10:40 a.m. this morning. I can't even remember the last time I slept that late. It was lavish and wonderful.

Thanks, Mom, for knowing what we needed even before we did.

5 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

10:40? I'm so, so jealous. On most days, I've been up for nearly seven hours by 10:40.

Me? A Mom? said...

p.s. but I'm happy for you! lucky duck

soonersdad said...

Nana is really sorry for the 1040am wake up call.

Popper

Anonymous said...

Gray threw up? So did his cuz Holt before he got home .... what's up with all that? Hope all are better....unk Sam

Lindsay said...

Popper: I had actually woken up about two minutes before she called, so it was all good.