Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Rental

This week we've been on vacation and it has been a whirlwind of fun. It kicked off last weekend with a visit from Michael's parents and then we left Monday for a trip to Lake Tenkiller with sixteen friends and family members.

The group represented four states and three generations. My dad's childhood friend (also named Steve) drove in from Colorado with his family (wife Nancy, and grown children Michael, Carol & Jennifer whom my sister and I grew up vacationing with every few years) and we were able to introduce the next generation of the Matli/Schultz clans to one another.

My sister Amy also drove in from North Carolina with her husband Ben and their children Kayla and Holten. Between Grayson, Holt, and Carol's son Zachary, we had three boys under age three, plus Kayla and Michael's daughter Aaliyah who were both around eight. (Are you keeping all of this straight?)

It all added up to many different schedules (since we all came from different time zones), but it was so much fun catching up and reliving our many adventures with these two families.

I will admit, I wasn't very good about taking pictures. Grayson was all over the place exploring and my camera never seemed to be handy. We even took a group shot the final day, but I didn't get one on my camera. Here are the few snapshots I managed to capture:

(My) Michael, Dad, Grayson & Aaliyah next to our boat

Grayson taking us for a spin

Ben swimming with Holten and Carol with Grayson. The babies LOVED the water!

Holt & Gray enjoying a bath
Holten eating some grub (he's 8.5 months younger than Gray but wears the same size clothes and is several pounds heavier. I can't get enough of this kid's thighs...so cute!)
Nancy, Gray, Dad & Jennifer
After the Matli's left to make their long drive home, my Aunt Karen & Uncle Bill drove over for the day with my cousin Suzanne and her son Luke. I actually did managed to get in on the group shot this time around.

After spending the week in the sun and the water, we came home and Roxy was so excited to see us she sprained one of her back legs. She's now limping very badly and Michael took her to the vet to get it all checked out. They said it will just take time to heal and gave her some pain meds to help in the meantime.

Our pool had also been opened while we were gone, but a breaker for the pump switched off so the water wasn't clearing up. Our garage door is also not working, so we have several issues to deal with now that we're home. So much for rest and relaxation!

No comments: