Monday, June 14, 2010

Here We Go

Michael and I are begrudgingly getting on the potty training bandwagon. Nana and Popper (Michael's parents) were in town over the weekend and helped us pick out two potty-related books.

Since Grayson is so into books and Elmo, the book Potty Time with Elmo seemed like a perfect fit.

We also brought the small training potty out of the closet and gave it a few test runs over the weekend. He never actually did anything in it, but seems to enjoy sitting on it.

After telling me he needed to pee pee, I sat him on the real toilet one time and had a total mommy moment with my little baby smiling up at me. I told him I can't believe he's so big and we're already at this phase of life. I knew he had actually just gone in his diaper, but I figured we still needed to go through the motions in the name of education.

I'm sure this will be a very, very long process, but after making a point to watch for the signs of potty training readiness over the last week, we realized he is showing most, if not all, of them and it was his parents that were the hold up.

Wish us luck on this endeavor. I'm really, really not looking forward to this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck! :-) I'm sure it's going to be a fun, funny, and enlightening time. Can't wait for some cute photos and hilarious posts!