Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011: The Year of the Crutch?

I'm typically not a Debbie Downer, but 2011 hasn't gotten off to the best start. After a whirlwind few weeks celebrating Christmas, I was looking forward to savoring four whole days at home to catch up on a few things before heading back to work.

During this time I decided to attempt another round of Potty Training Bootcamp with Grayson. After a day of slight but exhausting progress on Thursday, I tucked Gray into bed and plopped down on the couch to finally get a moment's rest and catch up on my book.

An hour later I was awoken by the phone ringing and tried to wake myself up enough to get up and get it. Unfortunately, I was too out of it to realize my foot was asleep so as soon as I took a few steps my left foot rolled out from under me and I came crashing down.

Michael was in the garage during all of this, so I had to reenact the "I've Fallen and I can't Get Up" commercial to try and get to my cell phone so I could call him to come help me. We ended up heading to the ER after a golf ball-sized knot appeared in record time on the side of my foot.

Luckily, it doesn't look like anything is broken, just a really bad sprain. I've had to use crutches for the last several days and still am not able to walk on it. That should make for an interesting work week. The swelling and bruising are slowly improving and I really hope I'm able to get my mobility back shortly.

I also hope this start isn't a sign of what is to come in the new year. That said, I have revised my goals for the year down to two: 1) not have to use crutches anymore, and 2) potty train Grayson once and for all. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on both of those!--whichever gets done first!-Love,
Aunt KM

Anonymous said...

Lindsay Lindsay Lindsay!!! Your 90 year old grandma thought she needed a cane so we went to get one before I headed back to God's country.....she thought it would help her balance at times. Apparently it works, as she is well balanced when she carries it from the living room to the kitchen to the bedroom at night, and back to the kitchen in the morning....o well...hope you're feeling better soon....ur fav u no who!!!