Saturday, January 15, 2011

Speechwriter in training

In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. day, Gray's class created mobiles based around the "I have a dream" speech. The children colored on the pieces and the teacher filled in each child's responses to the prompts.

When I heard about this I thought it was quite a meaningful and ambitious art project for two-year-olds, but when I saw Gray's responses it made me appreciate the teacher's attempt at such a serious topic considering it's difficult to write a speech (or even finish a prompted sentence) when your vocabulary (and attention span) are quite limited.

Forgive the squinty eyes, but I can't get him to stop closing his eyes when he says cheeeeese.


I have a Dream...

...for my community: My Mommy!
...for the world: Basketball!
...for my country: Wow! Um, Basketball!

No comments: