Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gone Fishin'

One of Michael's favorite things to do when we visit Mississippi is to fish in the mornings or evenings. Even when he doesn't get a bite, he keeps his patience and seems to enjoy himself.

Grayson had the patience of a two-year-old and was done after about five minutes. Then he entertained himself running back and forth between the lake where Michael was and my grandparent's house where we were making dinner. He'd grab a cracker and drink of water then head on back outside.

He also enjoyed picking up pine cones from nearby trees and chunking them in the water. I'm sure that was helping his daddy's fishing chances.

Michael showing off his trophy blue gill. What you don't see it? It's right above Gray's head. And yes, that's a snoopy fishing pole.

My camera decided to shoot blurry images for some reason so none of my shots of the sunset turned out. Michael captured this one with his phone, but it doesn't do the setting justice. 


Michael got up early one morning to meet up with my Uncle Mike for more fishing. There are several stocked ponds around my grandparent's land and Uncle Mike played tour guide for the day. They ended up getting several good bites including the two bass shown above and below.


Here's a short video of Michael hooking a fish just at the moment I happened to walk down to the lake with my camera.

No comments: