Thursday, July 21, 2011

One lucky (semi-old) lady

So today is my birthday...the big 3-0. I can't say that I've been dreading this one, but I haven't been looking forward to it either. 

When your birthday falls on a workday it always dampens the celebratory spirit a bit, but my wonderful co-workers showered me with love and thoughtfulness all day. 

I skipped out a little early (it is my birthday after all) and was treated to more fun surprises at home. 

As if these two boxes weren't enough to make my heart go pitter-patter, Michael brought me flowers. That may not seem like a big deal, but my husband has a very specific viewpoint when it comes to flowers. 

He's only given me flowers twice in our nearly 11 years together and both times were while we were dating. I was surprised enough to see a little blue Tiffany's box, but I must admit the flowers were what took my breath away. 

It also means I have to eat crow because I actually just had a co-worker ask me if Michael gave me flowers earlier in the day. I explained that he "would never" do that since he would rather splurge on more long-lasting gifts. Yet again he never ceases to amaze me. 

If 30 means being over-the-top spoiled by the people you love, then I think I can learn to live with no longer being in my twenties. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Lindz.....hope u got ur special text ok!!! Luv u Brat!!! unowho

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdy to one great lady. Glad your day was full of wonderful surprises. A blue Tiffany Box--I'm impressed.

Aunt B

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry, I am just catching up (only a month late!). Hope you had a great one!
Hedda