Monday, May 5, 2008

Bowl full of jelly

My belly's current rate of growth is somewhat staggering. When you read the pregnancy books, they all explain how women gain weight and begin showing at different times and apparently I'm a second trimester bloomer. 

After being out of the office all last week, I went in to work this morning and wish I had video recorded my co-workers reactions as they individually observed my baby bump. I even got a "whoa, look at your belly" from one woman who caught my profile as I turned a corner. Once she realized she had blurted something out without thinking, she quickly recovered by complimenting my skirt but I had to chuckle nonetheless.

I have noticed lately that shaving my legs or bending down to put on shoes takes some extra finesse and strategic belly positioning. So for now, I'm appreciating each and every day that I can still see my toes and paint my toenails (just don't look very closely). 

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Aww, I hope you are feeling great! I love that Mike has read .25 of a book. That is hilarious. Did you start to leave books in the "powder room" yet?

Anonymous said...

once you cant do that it means that you can justify getting a pedicure all the time.
love yall Jennifer