Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, I'm back from the whirlwind four-day roadtrip and would be quite content to stay in my pj pants at home all weekend. Of course, this is not a possibility but a girl can hope, right? 

I did manage to take the day off, but only after working a few hours from home this morning. I had a travel column due for the Oklahoman today (which I had yet to write a single word for), but was happy to compromise and write it with Roxy cuddled up next to me in the chair instead of dragging my tired body up to the office. 

As I'm sure you've figured out by now Mike was not eager to be a guest blogger in my absence. He was probably too busy enjoying his short-lived bachelorhood and watching CSI every night without my usual interruptions. While I was gone we did get new gutters installed which were the final step in our home repairs from the ice storm. And to break them in, we had a whopper of a thunderstorm last night with hail and all. Before and after pics of the project will be coming in a later post.

In pregnancy-related news, I was able to see the baby move from the outside this week. Tuesday night he was particularly active and I was able to catch several bulges and belly distortions rise out from below my belly button. Mike was able to see an abbreviated show last night when I got home, but we have yet to capture it well on video. I'll keep trying and post footage as soon as we can get it. So far, I've only been able to get beauty shots of my belly moving up and down from breathing and let's just say the ever-growing peach fuzz on my stomach is not something I'm ready to share on the world wide web. 

I also feel like I'm getting noticeably bigger by the day -- a fact that Mike confirmed when I got home by looking amazed (and a bit shocked) at my bulbous stomach. Some swelling and general discomfort is also setting in but I think this may be due to driving more than 1200 miles over the last few days. 

That's the latest for now. I've got to get motivated and clean the house since Mike's parents and MawMaw are coming to visit this weekend. Hope you all have a happy Friday!

No comments: