Monday, November 3, 2008

All in how you look at it

I consider myself an optimist which has been coming in handy lately since there seems to be a lot of good news/bad news situations arising. I should preface this by saying the bad news isn't life-changing or even incredibly horrible, it's really just a bit of a wrinkle after something great happens (is that an optimistic PR spin or what?). 

For example, a wonderful milestone was reached today in the wardrobe arena. I was able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy jeans (and yes, I could actually breathe). This fact did not go unnoticed by my cousin which I very much appreciated. The bad news, you ask? Grayson christened them with a leaky diaper of some really stinky nastiness oozing out the side onto my leg so I couldn't enjoy this small victory for the whole day. 

On a related note, I'm only three pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight which is very exciting. The only problem is my hips and stomach skin may never return to where they once were so my body still looks different that what I'm used to. Hopefully as time goes on things will continue to shift back to their old self. 

In other news, Grayson's peely cradle cap is getting a lot better (thanks to Erin & Jen for the suggestions. We did both!). The bad news is that his hair is now falling out in strange patches. I don't think this is related to the ointment we applied, I think it is just the natural progression of a baby's hair falling out but it's funny looking. There is a bald stripe on the lower backside of Grayson's head where he lays down and the hair surrounding it is oddly long in comparison. Oh well.  

After many phone calls and stressful days, I'm finally getting our daycare situation in order. We have a spot secured at a place in Norman which I like, but we'd prefer to use a downtown OKC daycare that's only four blocks from my office and much easier to get to before they close at 6 p.m. The downtown place hasn't had any openings, but I've learned today that one may become available by next week. Just in case, I went to pick up the paperwork at the Norman daycare so we'd at least have something lined up. All of this is great, but when I got back in the car after picking up the paperwork a wave of emotion came over me that was a mixture of panic and apprehension. I started to tear up thinking about leaving Grayson with someone else and I had to call my cousin (who is an amazing working mom) so she could talk some sense into me. 

On the good news front, Grayson slept through the night last night for seven hours straight. Whohoo! The two prior nights had been very challenging so it was good that we all got some much needed sleep. He's been off his feeding and napping schedule a little today which I think may be due to a growth spurt, or the fact that he's catching up on calories from missing his nighttime meal. Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed he now has enough meat on his bones to sleep longer at night. 

Well, Mr. Grayson is waking up from his nap so that's all of the time I have for now. Hope everyone has a great start to their week! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you ever have trouble getting back to Norman in time to pick up Grayson, just let me know :)