Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Post With No Name

We've now completed two full days of me being back at work and Grayson attending daycare. I'm not gonna lie -- I'm exhausted. I don't even have the mental capacity to think up a clever title for this blog post. 

Last night I got in bed at 9 p.m. and would have slept til morning if I didn't have to get up to feed Grayson one more time. The only reason I even made it to the bed was because Michael saw my eyes glazed over and walked me from the couch to our room. 

Today is a little better, but I'm thankful I decided to start back mid-way through the week instead of tackling a five day work week right off the bat. 

Grayson still seems to be adjusting well to daycare. He's learning little tricks of independence like holding his pacifier in with his hand. I guess he realizes if it falls out it may not get put back in right away so best to just hold it there. 

He still isn't napping very well each day so I'm trying to put him to bed earlier. This is difficult for two reasons: 1) because my milk supply isn't used to such a long night and 2) an earlier bedtime means less time we get to spend together. 

The best part of my day is walking in to daycare to pick Grayson up and seeing how his day went. I have to seriously restrain myself from kissing him too much or constantly holding him. I'm looking forward to our weekend together, although Nana and Popper are coming up from Houston so I'll have to share.

I'll close for now by expressing my joy for the simple pleasure of casual Fridays. Wearing jeans to work tomorrow will allow me one less thing think about which makes me so very happy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Grayson is a natural at his new school. That has to make you feel more at ease about him being there. Hope you get some rest. Don't feel guilty about giving him lots of kisses. Give him lots from his Pappa and SUSU! We love all you guys, lots!

Anonymous said...

Hi Grayson!!! Ur favorite Uncle Sam is on the way!!! I'm at Grandpa Steve's and Grandma Susan's now.....don't worry about your mom's lack of mental capacity, that's nothing new! I'll be in OKC Sat. evening so hope to get to see you soon! I'm anxious to see how much you've changed since you were 4 hours old! Have you gotten to spit up in your daddy's BUMMER yet? See you soon, love, ur hotlanta unk!!