Sunday, November 9, 2008

Facing the Inevitable

The moment of truth is nearing...D-day (as in daycare day) is almost upon us. I don't officially go back to work until Wednesday, but Grayson starts his transition into daycare tomorrow morning. 

As I explained in my last post, I've been focused on getting Grayson's things in order for this big day, but I've overlooked one major component -- what am I going to do with myself while he's there? 

I'm going to have to make some kind of plan to keep myself busy so that I don't get emotional. Maybe I can distract myself with some Christmas shopping. 

On a related note, how am I going to work in the hundreds of kisses I give him throughout the day in less than half the time? I guess I'll need a strategy for that as well. So many things to plan for, so little time!

3 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

I'll be sending you good vibes tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE take a picture of Grayson on his "first day of school" :)

Courtney said...

Good luck with your transition! A list of suggestions to keep you busy for the next two days:

pleasure reading, pedicure, going back to sleep after you drop him off, christmas shopping is definitely a good one, a quick craft project you have been meaning to do, of, simply relax!