Sunday, February 8, 2009

Eerily Quiet

Our house is strangely empty and quiet this morning. Grayson spent his first night away from us at Grandmother & Grandaddy's house (my mom and stepdad). They were going to take him at the end of this month when Michael goes with me on an overnight work trip, but decided to do a "dry run" before we were hundreds of miles away. 

I called my mom around 8 a.m. and it sounds like Grayson didn't have the best night ever.  Hopefully he can spend the morning charming his sleep-deprived grandparents so he'll be allowed back in a few weeks. 

With Grayson gone, our day isn't divided into three-hour increments making it seem like we have so much time on our hands. I'm not sure what we used to do with all of this time. Blogging and laundry are top on my morning to dos. I'm sure our lives used to be more exciting, I just can't seem to recall what filled the hours. It also seems like way more than 5 months that Grayson's been a part of our daily lives.

Roxy keeps going into the nursery looking for the baby. Little does she know the peace and quiet won't be around long. Her pesky little brother will soon be returning to soak up all our time and attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Little Grayson!!! Shuttled off to Edmondland....I hear he's pulling on people's noses, ears, hair, everything now...he'd better not do that with me or he may be missing a hand!!! Just kidding G, you can do anything you want! Heading west to MS on Tues. and into OKC (the original windy city) on Wed. Hope to get to see you and your onery parents while there...have a good week and everybody get well! love, unk Sam