Friday, February 27, 2009

Separation Anxiety

This Saturday marks our first out-of-town trip without Grayson. He will be getting spoiled rotten with his grandparents, meanwhile I'll be forcing myself not to call to check on him 20 times a day.

Michael and I are going on an overnight trip to a cool community called Medicine Park , which incidentally was Oklahoma's first planned tourism resort. It has historic cobblestone structures, eclectic artist studios and shops, plus several restaurants run by culinary masters that have returned home to a quieter life. I'm writing about the area for two columns I contribute to at work and since I haven't been there in about 10 years, I thought it would be fun to plan a little getaway and check out the area first-hand.

This all sounded like a great idea several weeks back, but now that the trip is here I'm second-guessing my decision. Is Grayson too young? Will my parents be completely worn out and never keep him again? Will I remember to pack everything he needs?

I've been so wrapped up in worrying about Grayson's night away from us I didn't even think about making arrangements for Roxy. It finally dawned on us last night that we hadn't made any plans for her. Luckily my little sister is staying in town for the weekend and can check on her, but I can't believe she was an afterthought! So sad.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll all make it through just fine as long as I can find a way to shut my mind off from the unnecessary worrying. Is it happy hour yet?

No comments: