Sunday, February 1, 2009

Five Months

Dear Grayson,

Today marks your five month "birthday" and our five month "anniversary" as parents. Your personality and independence develop more each and every day. It's so fun to watch and see the things you like or dislike and what makes you laugh or smile.  

Milestones come and go on a regular basis, but we don't take for granted your health or developmental progress. Your sunny disposition brings laughter to our lives in small, everyday moments that I never want to overlook. 

You're not the only one that's changed over the last few months. Since entering our lives,  your dad and I have attempted to entertain you by making more silly faces and crazy voices than I care to admit. We now prefer quite nights at home with you to the live music venues and art openings that once filled our nights.

Don't get me wrong, you bring challenges to our lives as well. Did you read the swaddle blanket posts? But even after a sleepless night, you manage to melt away our frustration with a simple gummy smile and silly coo. It's a good thing I'm a fan of problem-solving, because life with an infant seems to be a constant guessing game. Right when we figure out a few things, you throw us a curve ball to keep it interesting. 

Speaking of changes, we're about to celebrate your cousin Luke's second birthday. He seems like such a big boy now, yet I vividly remember meeting him for the first time at the hospital. It makes me realize how quickly you will be big too and pushing away my hugs and kisses. So for now I focus on sneaking them in as often as possible. I've got to stock up on enough Grayson sugar to last through the teen years. 

XOXO,
Your Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a test.....uncle sam