Sunday, August 28, 2011

Let me catch you up

I have so many updates from the last few days and finally sat down to get them all out and realized I don't have my camera with me. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem but you see I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah so I can't just pop home and retrieve it.

Here's a rundown of our recent activities (the plain text version):
  • Roxy enjoyed a "spa day" on Friday. She was over due for a haircut and Michael took her to a new place near his office. They gave her a blueberry facial (yes, you read that correctly...can I get one of those please?!), a massage and of course a bath, "pawdicure" (their words not mine) and a haircut. She came home feeling sassy and looking cute.   
  • Grayson finished off the week on a good note. He was "line leader" at school which I've deciphered is an honor bestowed by the teacher and has something to do with getting to open doors. He was pretty pumped and seems to be doing better overall . 
  • We enjoyed a whirlwind Saturday yesterday, celebrating the wedding of my cousin Billy and his wife Tina, catching up with my mom and step-dad -- who also kept Gray overnight so we could enjoy a date night with one of Michael's cousins and his wife. The day was a blur but it was so much fun. Before I knew it, the alarm was ringing at 6 a.m. this morning to catch my flight to Salt Lake City.
Next up for this week is Michael's birthday on Tuesday (which I'm missing due to this work trip) and Gray's birthday on Thursday. Luckily, I'll be home in time to celebrate my baby turning three.

Our dear friends Rob and Courtney are also expecting the arrival of baby Claire any day, so there's lots going on. I hope I make it home in time to see her on her birthday. Perhaps she'll share a special day with one of my fellas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you have time in your BUSY schedule to catch us up on some of your life's activities! Hope your trip is good and it would be really cool if Claire is born on one of your guys' b-days. See you soon.
L, Pappa

Power Supply said...

awesomely written must say