Friday, August 5, 2011

Rise and Shine

I'm at home with Grayson today after a bit of a rough night. He woke me up at 4 a.m. on the dot by standing next to my side of the bed screaming Mommy!

I came to just in time to catch some puke before it hit the floor. Apologies for the blunt visual, but I'm a bit sleep deprived and need you to share in the shock that I enjoyed in the middle of the night. It's moments like these I wish I slept on the side of the bed furthest from the door.

Anyway, after getting sick several times he finally went back to sleep around 6 a.m. I was too awake by that point to fall back to sleep and decided to get a little work done for some looming deadlines.

By my count, it should now be lunchtime and daddy should be home in a few hours, but I see it's really only 10 a.m. Ouch. It's gonna be a looooong day.

Update: It's now after 3 p.m. and Gray is doing much better. He's keeping food and water down and took a really good nap, so fingers crossed we're on the mend. When we laid down to go to sleep I had him in bed with me at first and he looked over at me from his pillow and said, "You're my best friend" with the cutest puppy dog eyes. Somehow he must know that mama needed some words of encouragement from the long day. It's these sweet moments that make all the gross stuff worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon, Gray....and get rested up Mommy!! unowho

Erin said...

I just said "Ewwww" and "Awwww" in a span of a few paragraphs. What a sweetie. Hope he's feeling much better!

Anonymous said...

Our little ones can get sick sooo fast it seems and then bounce back soo fast too. Glad he's on the mend. Hope your trip this weekend is a good and safe and cool one! Love you all, Pappa

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...Gray's the little charmer...he knows how to keep his mama tight around his little finger! Glad he's better...unowho