Sunday, April 27, 2008

Miscellaneous Updates

Things have been busy but good lately. I don't really have any funny stories to share, but there are some random updates I can provide that do not correlate in any way. 
  • Michael currently refuses to refer to our baby as a "he" because he's convinced it will jinx it.  
  • I now have first-hand experience with regular heartburn and acid reflux, so all of those pharmaceutical commercials are starting to hit home. Tums with calcium is now on my list of must-have items in my purse.
  • Roxy has been doing better about not bolting to her crate. This may be a result of us letting her sleep in the bed most of the week, but who really knows with that kid.
  • Living in a college town can sometimes make you feel like an outcast when  you're pregnant. Middle-aged adults tend to look and Mike and I thinking that I'm a knocked up college student, and the college kids glare at us in judgement as if to say, "why is a pregnant lady hanging out at our spot." 
  • Michael had to break down and order a non-alcoholic beer at dinner last night. We were sitting on the patio of one of our favorite restaurants/bars, and it was the perfect evening for a "cold one" but he held his ground and ordered a Sharps (resulting in some snickering from some of our friends, but won major points with me). The waitress did ask if he was 21 which surprised  me since there's probably more alcohol by volume in NyQuil than in that beer.  
  • If you've checked out the book counter lately, you'll see that Michael has made a little progress on his expectant father book. Part of this is due to skipping ahead from the 3rd month chapter to the 5th month chapter, but he's making a renewed attempt to read nonetheless. The current chapter did warn him that I may start randomly  lactating this month which may have scared him enough to put the book down for good. 
Also, be advised that I probably won't be posting anything new until Thursday evening. I'm leaving for a business trip Monday at 5:45 a.m. (ouch) and won't have my laptop with me. I'll be driving a 12 passenger van across Missouri and Arkansas for the next four days so I'm sure there will be plenty to share when I'm back. 

In the meantime, I've asked Mike if he wants to do any guest blogging while I'm gone. He's been very busy around the house lately, fixing some damage caused by a limb that fell in the ice storm this winter and also replacing the brake pads and rotors on his car. These are two big projects he's been planning for a while (and also bugging me to post about for due credit) so I will encourage him to share the stories. Both involve minor injuries and lots of greasy hands which I think make him feel manly. 

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Hope your travels are going well. We had a blast last weekend, and hopefully we will see you this weekend!