Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mental Note

Dear Grayson,

You are now two weeks old and seem to be changing in subtle ways every day. There is so much we love about you that I'm afraid we'll forget because we're focused on surviving everyday life. Here's a short list of your current traits that I want to be sure and remember:
  • How you grab your ear in comfort when you sleep
  • The wrinkly forehead and funny faces you make when I sit you up to burp
  • Your jerky neck movements that remind me of a turtle popping it's head out of a shell
  • The Houdini-like way you wiggle your arms loose no matter how tightly we swaddle the blanket
  • The crazy length of time your umbilical cord has been hanging on by a thread (I think it may stick around until your first birthday)
  • A small, wispy patch of hair on the top of your ear that reminds me of an old man
I'm sure tomorrow will bring another list of new characteristics and I can't wait to learn all about them.

Love, 
Your mom

No comments: