Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our big day

Today Grayson and I ventured out for our first mother/son outing (not counting our neighborhood walks). I took him to my office to show him off. 

Things started out well. I had showered and gotten Grayson fed and dressed all by 9 a.m. (a miracle in itself), but things got a little rocky when I went to do one last diaper change before heading to the car. Yes, my son decided to pee all over the adorable outfit I had planned for him to wear. Oh well. It's just clothes, right?

The next obstacle we had to overcome was the 25 minute car ride to downtown Oklahoma City. We had yet to attempt going anywhere in the car without Michael, but I'm happy to report the commute up to the office went well and Grayson slept the entire time. Instead of lugging him around in the stroller, I wore him in the baby sling and he stayed asleep through our entire hour-long visit. 

I had to keep an eye on the clock for both my parking meter and Grayson's feeding schedule, but luckily we got back to our car just in time for both. Our commute home involved two serious crying spells, but all-in-all it was a successful first outing. 

In other news, Grayson had a moment of genius today when his pacifier fell out and he popped it back in his mouth. I thought it was a total fluke until it fell out again and he popped it back in a second time. It may still be a total coincidence, but I was impressed. 

1 comment:

Keenan said...

Glad you had a successful trip! I am really looking forward to an outing with Luke. I have never been at home for this long in my life!