Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF

Grayson and I are really looking forward to the weekend so we can spend time with Daddy and enjoy the incredibly nice weather we've been having. Our plans include checking out a local BMW car show, shopping for a new mattress and introducing Grayson to the bottle. All three "events" will be exciting in their own way. 

Michael has been looking forward to hob nobing with local BMW enthusiasts for several weeks now and I hope they accept him and Blauhai into their clique. While I really don't care for car shows, I am excited for the chance to get out of the house for a bit. I also know how much joy this will bring to my husband so it will be fun to see him in his "happy place."

We are also desperate for a decent night of sleep, not necessarily because of the baby but because of our horrible mattress. Despite only being three years old, it has always been too soft, yet we've been holding out hoping it would get better since we dropped a lot of money on it. It's now causing chronic back pain for both Michael and myself which is the final straw. I don't even care about the money anymore, it's worth whatever it takes to sleep comfortably and not wake up with lower back pain. You know  you've become an adult when you're thrilled to go mattress shopping.

The final event on our weekend agenda is introducing Grayson to the bottle. He's been doing great with breastfeeding and it's time to at least introduce him to a bottle so I can eventually be away from him for more than a 2-3 hour stretch of time. It will also be a nice way for him to bond with Michael a little more. In preparation, I've started stockpiling bags of frozen breastmilk which to me is like liquid gold. If our electricity ever goes out I'm going to be distraught if it all gets spoiled. Who knew baggies of milk would be so sentimental? 

So that is what's on tap for our weekend. I hope you all have fun plans for enjoying it as well! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good thing Yall arent down here. almost all the family is with out power except for us and grandma. there would be a lot of things that you miss out on when you dont have electricity for 6 whole days.
love yall
jen