Thursday, September 25, 2008

That Clean Baby Smell

There is something about a freshly bathed baby's scent that is totally intoxicating. If Johnson & Johnson was smart, it would bottle their baby shampoo smell into an adult perfume version. 

We've been bathing Grayson every other day and I have to hold myself back from smelling him too much after a bath. When we first brought him home, I remember thinking to myself, "how dirty can this little guy really get?" But that question was answered yesterday when we experienced a diaper blowout that was so bad he ended up with mustard-like poop EVERYWHERE. 

I'm not exaggerating. It was literally everywhere. In his hair, between his fingers, on his feet...everywhere! For a split second I almost grabbed my camera to capture the chaos, but decided against it so my child wouldn't completely hate me when he grows up. 

If I had more arms I would have just drawn a bath right then and dunked him in dirty clothes and all, but I couldn't manage it so I had to settle for a quick clean up with wipes and then wait to do the full bath once Michael got home. Once we were in the process of bathing Grayson, I tried to explain the extent of the diaper blowout incident to Michael but I don't think he fully comprehended the severity of the situation. I don't blame him, I was amazed at the volume that was produced by such a small baby. 

Anyway, I hadn't planned to blog in-depth about a bowel movement, but I guess it just turned out that way. Hope you weren't eating when you read this :)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Awww, that is a funny story! I bet you wished Mike was around to help you out. Little Grayson likes to keep you on your toes! By the way, I LOVE the pictures of Grayson sucking his thumb on your blog. I keep trying to click it to make it bigger. He is precious, poop and all. :)

Whitney said...

P.S. I think we need a Roxy report soon! :)