Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Mommy Confession

I've discovered an area of motherhood where I could use some serious improvement. (Only one, you're thinking?) It's stain removal. I know this seems random, but Grayson has had several diaper blowouts which require wardrobe changes. I've tried a few different stain treatments, but the onesies still come out of the washer with light mustard-like stains.

I feel like a lot of moms, and females in general, have some kind of stain fighting DNA that I lack. This is a problem I don't think will be going away anytime soon since having a boy means stains are inevitable, so I need help building an arsenal of stain fighting tactics.

Any advice is more than welcome because at this rate, Grayson is either going to look like the dirty kid in class or I won't be able to pass down any of his clothes to other babies because they will all be stained. Help!

3 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

I actually have an answer!

Wash in cold water. Put on a sunny window sill or outside in the sun. The sun will "bleach" it out. No kidding. It's miraculous and FREE!

Lindsay said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try!

Anonymous said...

I have had a lot of luck with Dreft stain remover (and had tried several stain removers prior to this) and the Clorox bleach stick. I have been known to use the pen-like end of the Clorox bleach stick in-between narrow stripes on the kids clothes : )
Grayson certainly is precious. I can't wait to meet him!