Monday, March 10, 2008

Controlled by a 4 inch superhuman

Fine, I admit it...I've lost all control. Is that what it takes to begin recovery? Hitting rock bottom before improvements can begin? If so, this morning was hopefully the catalyst for postitive change.

After surviving the ER visit on Friday with my sanity in tact, I was looking forward to a restful weekend. Michael was very accomodating and catered to the majority of my whims, but things seemed to come to a head this morning.

First off, I was having a difficult time getting out of bed. This was for several reasons: 1) For only losing an hour this weekend, the time change always seems to get me. 2) Roxy managed to position herself underneath my legs or back and refuse to move throughout the night (causing me to wake up no less than 12 times). When I went to physically reposition her she looked at me and sighed like I was a horrible inconvenience.

After the fifth or sixth snooze alarm attempt, I pulled myself out of bed to face the day. Things were going well in my normal routine until I brushed my teeth. Morning sickness hit me out of nowhere and once again Mike was in the shower during the episode. He popped his head out to ask if I was okay and then afterward offered insightfully, "Wow, that was a long one." Helpful. Really helpful. (Like my dry heaves and cramping stomach muscles weren't enough to tell me that.)

I finally got that situation under pseudo-control and managed to rebrush my teeth without incident. The last straw came when I was completely ready except for getting dressed. Yep, that's right, I still had to battle the closet which is difficult enough even when I'm not preggers.

All of this has led me to fully own up to the fact that I am totally being controlled by a person that measures about 4 inches long. I realize this has been going on for a while, but was trying to convince myself that I still had a shred of say in what happens to my body. Not so much. I'm hoping that by admitting this truth will somehow set me free and welcome the energy spurt and calm stomach that I've been promised in the second trimester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will get better, i promise.
Love you
Jen