Thursday, March 6, 2008

You might call this a craving

Well, my morning sickness may not be completely gone yet, but I think I can safely say it's getting better every week. I still have some food and smell aversions (like red peppers), but I am also experiencing my first craving -- BBQ kettle chips from Jimmy Johns.

I've always been a fan of BBQ and kettle cooked chips, but for some reason the ones that Jimmy Johns sells are all I can think or dream about these days. It began last weekend when Mike and I ate there for lunch on Saturday. I then requested it two more times before the weekend ended. The sandwiches are great, but the chips are what I crave most.

Instead of sending Mike over to Jimmy Johns multiple times a day to fulfill this need, he was proactive in his last visit and stocked up on my new favorite thing. He ordered 6 bags of chips along with our sandwiches. The college kid behind the counter asked him to repeat the number for clarification and Mike did so like it was completely normal. When he got home I asked if he explained himself by telling the kid it was for a crazy pregnant lady, but he didn't (I think Mike wanted to keep the Jimmy Johns staff talking).

Now, I realize this isn't the healthiest of cravings so I try to limit myself (rest assured I haven't consumed all the chips...yet). I've been on a business trip the last few days and seriously considered packing some of the chip bags in my suitcase, but decided against it. While it did force some self-control, I would be lying if I said I didn't question my packing judgment a time or two during the trip.

Luckily, this evening I was welcomed home by my excited doggie, loving husband and a stockpile of BBQ goodness. What more could a pregnant lady ask for?

1 comment:

soonersdad said...

I would have expected nothing else. It's a natural progression from french fries and barbeque sauce to kettle chips with barbeque flavoring. Especially those chips with a really good barbeque flavor. Make sure to bring some to Houston when you come. I don't think Mike will want to drive back for more from here, but if he does he and I can make a road trip out of it just like the old school days. Take good care of yourself.
LOVE
SOONERSDAD