Thursday, March 13, 2008

A day to remember

Wed., March 12 was a big day in our world for a couple of reasons. 

First off, our neighbors welcomed their daughter Eva at 10:26 p.m. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 5 ounces and is 20 inches long. We went to visit the tired, but happy parents tonight after work and introduced ourselves to this adorable bundle of joy. It was a front row seat for the hospital experience we will participate in just five short months from now. 

Mike opted not to hold Miss Eva since she was less than 24 hours old, but I couldn't get enough of her. Mom Nancy is quite the trooper and decided to have a natural birth without an epidural (an experience she recounted in full detail so I could make an educated decision). I can safely say I am opting for the epidural as quickly and as high a dose as possible. 

We are so excited for Jack and Nancy (and for ourselves since we daydream of Eva and baby Vidrine being the best of friends). 

On this same day, I had my four-month check up. I got to hear the heartbeat again which registered a strong 153. Everything was pretty routine, but in light of last week's incident I have to still take it easy for two more weeks as a precaution. The highlight of the appointment came at the end when I scheduled my ultrasound. Mark your calendars for April 10 and say a little prayer that we'll get a good enough angle on the baby to tell the gender. 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't wait to hear about the delivery of little Eva! Also, congrats on your good checkup. We'll see you later.

Keenan said...

Hey! I'm not sure you remember me, but I am John Burkett's sister, and I was with him (and Whitney) this weekend...and I wanted to congratulate you both! You are just a little ahead of me in your pregnancy, so I love reading your blog to see what I might be expecting next! :)