Thursday, March 27, 2008

Everything's Bigger in Texas (including baby bumps?)

We're headed down to the Lone Star State this weekend for a family wedding. This is the first of many upcoming plane trips which take on new meaning now that I'm pregnant. I'm SO very thankful we are not making the 7 1/2-8 hour drive to Houston (typically driven after a full workday), but am curious to see if my body reacts differently than normal (like the car sickness I've been experiencing from our daily commute).

At any rate, over the next few months I'm cramming in as much travel for work and pleasure as possible. This includes trips to Chicago, NYC, Mississippi, Minnesota, Las Vegas, likely Houston (again) and many more in-state trips I can't remember at this time. Yes April-June will fly by because of this, which means I need to get my act together making some decisions (like pregnancy classes, baby registry, home improvement projects and more).

The great thing about traveling is I only have about a week's worth of maternity clothes at the moment, so packing is a breeze. I just wash it all and throw it in the suitcase. Since I have one nice maternity dress, it makes planning my wardrobe for the wedding a snap!

Now that I'm pretty much wearing maternity clothes all the time, I realize I need to expand my selection, but I just haven't had time to shop lately. Plus, all the stores have cute summer clothes, however our crazy Oklahoma weather isn't consistently warm just yet.

But enough about that...I'll let you know how the trip goes next week. And for those of you worried about Miss Roxy, we're not boarding her this weekend. She's staying at Camp Green (aka our thoughtful friends Rob & Courtney who have agreed to watch her and will likely spoil her even more rotten).

No comments: