Monday, March 17, 2008

Perspective

I've been experiencing some writer's block lately because when I think about what to post next, I realize it's pretty insignificant compared to some of the things our friends are facing these days.

Since Friday alone, several of our close friends have had to deal with (in no particular order):

1. A building fire which resulted in their apartment being declared a total loss.
2. An in-utero blood transfution for the baby of my friend who is about 25 weeks pregnant.
3. A jaundiced newborn who is losing weight and won't eat.

All of this makes me realize how lucky Michael and I are in both our pregnancy and in life. Some of these friends are nearby and we can personally help, while others are states away which makes us feel helpless. Keep them in your prayers and count the blessings in your own life!

1 comment:

Me? A Mom? said...

Keep the posts coming. I need some normal in my life! :)

I'll be keeping your friends in my thoughts and prayers.