Sunday, March 2, 2008

Prom Night...Maternity-style

I bet you never thought you'd see the words "prom night" and maternity in the same headline (at least coming from me)....

Well, Mike and I didn't time travel back to high school but we did have a prom-like experience last weekend at a black-tie event. It was an awards dinner/banquet for the OKC ad club and Mike's company was a finalist in several categories.

Now many of you have never seen Mike in a suit, much less a tuxedo, so I thought I'd share photographic evidence that he does clean up nicely. At the same time, you're probably wondering what halfway decent dress do I fit into these days?

It turns out that the dress I bought for this event last year just happens to have a somewhat forgiving waistline and flowing front area. So I committed the ultimate fashion faux pas and wore it again (please don't report that to the fashion police).

This dress solution sounded easy enough until I went to try it on (just to be sure it fit) the night before the event. Mike was helping me zip up the back and when he couldn't quite get the zipper to the top he thoughtfully suggested, "Suck it in!" Unfortunately, I could not.

Thankfully, this story has a happy ending and we were able to close the zipper without busting any seams, which means I didn't have a total meltdown and we were able to enjoy the evening like a non-hormone raging couple. Here are some Kodak moments from the evening.

See, Mike does own more than T-shirts...

My boss was there too. My agency took home some gold hardware as well...

Dressing up can be fun!

The entire Ghost Design crew reveling in their multiple wins and Best In Show award.



No comments: