Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Disheveled Diva

Hi, Roxy here to tell you about a travesty taking place in my house. I was hoping I wouldn't have to rat out my parents until after the baby came, but it looks like this situation is worse than I thought.

I really think my parents are losing their minds. Something has taken over them like aliens invading their every thought. Yeah, they still come home and walk through the usual motions of playing with me, but something in their eyes tells me their thoughts are elsewhere. A perfect example to demonstrate how distracted they've become is to show you the condition of my hair.

It's in such need of grooming I'm utterly humiliated for anyone to see me. And to top it all off, we're taking a roadtrip to see my grandparents in Houston this weekend so I can't even hide in my crate. Here's some photographic evidence of the situation:

Yes, that's a matted clump of hair to the left of my nose.

Here's a close up of it from the side. You can't even see my eyes!

My foot pads are so overgrown I slip and slide all over the wood floor when I chase my ball.
It's like Fred Flintstone trying to get traction.


So embarrassing! I'm too ashamed to look at the camera...

Alright fine, but I WON'T smile!

My dad claims to have called the groomer but they couldn't fit me in until early March. How do they expect me to live like this? Dad already had to cut a chunk of hair off my ear because it had a huge mat in it. By the time March rolls around I'll have to be completely shaved!

Please do whatever you can to help. Alert PETA, child services, the Fab 5, whatever it takes! Something must be done.

--Roxy

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Dear Roxy,

I am sorry to hear about this "travesty." I hope your parents can get you the hair cut you deserve so you can show your pretty little face again, but I actually think you look quite cute with the shaggier look. Hang in there and good luck living with the crazies. :) You can always come stay with Aunt Whitney. I have kitties, remember? I miss you lots.

Love, Aunt Whitney

Molly said...

You can come live in NYC too! You'd fit right in with the East Siders! :)

Courtney said...

Now Roxy, don't you think you are overreacting a little bit? You know your parents love you very much and would do anything for you. We have witnessed it firsthand. Hang in there. You are going to be a big sister!