Monday, February 25, 2008

Makes my skin crawl

Lately my skin has been overcome by a strange new sensation that's a cross between itching and sharp tingling. At first I thought it was just dry skin due to the weather, but even when it's warm or rainy outside I've still been getting these weird itches.

I notice it more in the evenings, but that may just be because I'm sitting still more and not focused on something else like I am while working. My arms and legs seem to itch the most, which makes me wonder if it's even related to my pregnancy.

Knowing the strange state that my body is in, I'm sure hormones have something to do with it but I can't seem to solve this mystery. I've tried several different kinds of lotions and cremes, but all seem to get quickly absorbed and then my skin is once again ashen looking shortly thereafter.

Any advice? Suggestions? Experience in this area? If not, no worries. I happen to have a dermatology appointment set up for next week, so I can add this to my list of questions. In the meantime, I'm trying to avoid Googling the subject because I'm not sure I could stomach the search results or images that come up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike
read the books!!!!
Ben

Whitney said...

Roxy,

Are you okay? I haven't heard from you in a while. Is your fur too long to type? Are your paws too tired from keeping the fur out of your eyes? Or from trying to get that furry knot out? Are too disheveled to even type? Write soon, send smoke signals, or something so I know you are okay!

Love, Aunt Whitney

P.S. I hope you are behaving. Be nice to your mommy and daddy!

Anonymous said...

I had that sensation on my stomach and used a small bit of hydrocortizone which helped some.
Congratulations on the babe to be. I sent an e-card but noticed you had not read it yet...so...Congratulations! We are so happy for you all.
Love you,
your oldest sol cuz