Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Three States in 39 Hours

Well, the baby is officially on its way to becoming a well-seasoned traveler. Michael and I enjoyed a great trip to Houston over the weekend and at the (literal) crack of dawn on Sunday morning, I jetted off to St. Louis for a whirlwind trip with my sister.

I met up with Emily at the St. Louis airport and we tried to cram in as many friend visits (for me) and internship interviews (for her) as possible before we left on Monday. The only stumbling block hit me at 6 a.m. Sunday as I was getting ready to leave for the airport...morning sickness reared it's ugly head.

I haven't thrown up for several weeks now, but I think it was a combination of waking up at O'dark thirty (after my head hit the pillow at 1 a.m.) and eating some spicy finger foods at the wedding. The tasty jalapeƱos and spicy spring roll sauce seemed like a good idea at the time, but were probably something I should have kept to a minimum.

When we got back to OKC last night I was very ready to sleep in my own bed and apparently the baby was happy to be home too because it put on quite the acrobatic show. It was squirming around so much Michael was able to catch the movements for several minutes and even put his ear on my stomach to hear the baby swimming around.

Just when we thought the show was over, Michael would talk to the baby and it would move around like crazy. We tried to have it tell us if it was a boy or a girl (one kick for boy, two for girl), but no such luck. The secret is still locked inside my belly. Hopefully the mystery will be solved next week.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Glad you are back! It is so exciting that you may find out the sex next week! I bet it is totally bizarre to feel it moving around inside of you.

Anonymous said...

Well i am glad to hear that the food was good. since i didnt stop long enoug to eat any of it. I wish i could have spent more time with yall. I cant wait to hear what yall are having i need to be right behind the grandparents on the phone list. HAHA
Love ya jen