Thursday, March 5, 2009

Do you ever feel like this?

It's 10 p.m. and I'm just now sitting down to semi-relax for the first time after coming home from work. Lately, our evenings have become a blur and when I finally get a moment to breathe it's bedtime.

On tonight's agenda:

-- 6:30 arrive home from work and feed Grayson solids
-- cooking/eating dinner for Mike and I
-- playing with Grayson for about 45 minutes
-- putting up his clothes and starting a new load of his laundry
-- fully unpacking his bag from last weekend's stay at my parent's house and repacking it for this weekend's trip
-- feed Grayson his last bottle and put him to bed
-- make baby food (squash, pineapple, avocado, and some other fruits I can't remember because my brain is fried)
-- put clothes in dryer
-- tie up a few loose ends on work email
-- hook up work laptop to projector and make sure it works for my speech tomorrow
-- write a blog post instead of figuring out what I'm going to wear for speech tomorrow

These crazy evenings lead me to drastic measures like deciding once and for all that I'm no longer committed to keeping my house plants alive. The wilting mass shown above is a peace lily that is currently sitting on our fireplace ledge. I've decided I cannot take care of one more thing in my life so the plant is dying a slow waterless death. I'm sure the aloe vera plant in the kitchen is not far behind.

I must be signing off now so I can go pack myself for our whirlwind weekend trip to Houston.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know... It doesnt ever slow down again. It gets easier but doesnt ever slow down. i am lucky to sit down by 830 and i get off work at 330, and blayne is pretty much self sufficient. cant wait to see yall tomorrow i am so excited jen

soonersdad said...

You can always buy one of those glass ball tube self watering things "as seen on TV". They look similar to Chihuly glass. So, you can say it's art.