Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dragging My Feet

Once again I'm writing a blog post as a means of procrastination. Tomorrow morning I depart for a five day business trip and although I have a long list of to dos, all I really want to do is sit and rock Grayson for the rest of the night. 

I don't know how I'm going to make it so long without my little man. By the time my plane lands on Tuesday evening, he'll already be asleep which means he won't really know I'm home until Wednesday morning. 

Luckily Michael agreed to video chat with me regularly so I can see the baby while I'm gone. The only problem is my conference lasts all day and has evening receptions every night so I may not get back to my hotel room until after Grayson's in bed. Oh well, I can't think about that right now. The only way I can force myself to pack and get on that plane is with the optimistic hope that I'll still see Gray daily via web cam. 

It's amazing how one drooly, bald, wiggly, chubby squirt can make you content to never step foot out of the house again. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Grayson! Wish I was there to relieve Mike for a while although I have a feeling Mike doesn't mind having him all to his own! Have a good and safe trip...dadSteve said Mike and Grayson were going, too, guess that changed....be good and hug little G for me....love, unk sam