Monday, March 30, 2009

Reclaiming the Illusion of Control

I've decided to declare April as Take Back The Fun month for our household and my life specifically. March flew by in a whirlwind and I felt like I was barely treading water the entire month. I found myself grocery shopping at 9 p.m. once I was off work and Grayson was in bed, prematurely breaking into my summer wardrobe just to get by without doing the laundry, and don't even get me started on cleaning (or lack thereof) the house. 

So, this week marks a new beginning. I've taken Monday and Tuesday off of work to get caught up on life. All of our clothes are washed, the pantry is stocked (for a week at least), the bills are paid, I finally made a long-overdue trip to the dry cleaners and I'm tackling the house cleaning. I may even venture to bake something for our new neighbors (and I use the term new loosely, as they've been there a month and I have yet to go over and meet them). While none of this is technically part of Take Back the Fun month, it is a necessary precursor to reclaiming our social lives. 

I can't even remember the last time we've seen our friends (besides running into the Brooks family at Target, which technically doesn't count as a social life). I'm happy to say, we have several social engagements lined up this week and I'm ready to catch up and relax with our friends. 

Next on my list is to find someone to clean our house. After much debate, Michael has agreed to try out having someone come clean our house every other week. I'm not a very extravagant person...no mani/pedis, hair coloring, or even many shopping excursions, so I feel like a little housekeeping help isn't too much to ask. All I need is help doing the basics so that I have more time for our family and don't have to be such a nag whenever we get a spare moment. Fingers crossed we can find a good person to fit the bill. 

Now, join me in a collective sigh of relief. I think April is going to be a very enjoyable month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog mention!!!

~Adam

Lindsay said...

Yes Adam, you've totally arrived :)