Monday, March 2, 2009

Grayson stats at 6 months

I'm happy to report there were no major meltdowns (by baby or mama) this weekend during our trip to Medicine Park. I'm working on getting some trip pictures up soon, but in the meantime I wanted to recap Grayson's 6 month check up from this morning.

He weighed in at 16 lbs. 8 oz. and is 27.25 inches long. Although our appointment was right in the middle of Grayson's morning nap, he was in good spirits for the doctor. Despite the poking and prodding, he flashed several gummy smiles and demonstrated his new favorite rolling and sitting tricks. The doctor saw him pull his legs up underneath himself and predicted he'll be crawling (and maybe in the early stages of walking) by the 9 month visit.

Between that discussion and talking about getting a different car seat once Gray reaches the 20 lb. mark, I'm both excited and a bit sad about what lies ahead. It's fun to watch him grow, but pretty soon he'll be constantly on the go with no desire to cuddle up in my lap. I have several 4-5 day work trips coming up this month so I know the time will fly by and I'll return home to what seems like a "big" boy.

He already didn't require very much comforting after his immunization shots. We barely had him dressed and back in his carrier before he was cooing and laughing. Must have been the Charlie Brown bandaids. They make everything better.

No comments: