Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daddy's Little Girl

Before we found out that we were having a boy people would tell us that whatever the gender, the opposite-sex parent would likely have an easier time (i.e. mama's boy and daddy's girl). Well, time will tell if that's the case, but I do have a big moment coming up tonight with my own father that I think provides some evidence.

As many of you know, my dad and step-mom live in Mississippi so we don't get to see them as often as the rest of our parents. That said, my dad is retired and frequently makes the trip over to OK to visit us and the rest of his family here. He's actually in town now and we're meeting up with him for dinner tonight at my grandparent's house. This is significant because it's the first time he will see me sporting a baby bump.

Last time he was in town he knew we were pregnant, but it was too early for any physical changes. So far my mom, step-dad and in-laws have all witnessed the growing bump first-hand, but I know this will be somewhat shocking for my dad since I'm his "little girl." I think I may even bet Michael an ice cream date that some tears are shed.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Ok, I know he's family and all but HE gets to see the bump but not US?! I'm thinking about taking a trip down there just to see it myself! :) I'm going to get Mikey to take a picture while you're sleeping. . . :)